Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Home of the brave

    Hey y'all . I hope your having good week so far... We've made to Wednesday... We're half way through this week. Yay!! ...
      Have you noticed all the July 4th decorations out so far...how could you miss them , right?  Every store seems decked out in our beautiful red,white and blue. Its really put my heart in the patriotic spirit.
       So I wanted to do a project that reflected that. So  I chose to use a stamp from c thru the woods...


 https://m.facebook.com/CThrutheWoods 
          . I truly love this stamp.  It reminds me so much of my brother. Who served in the army for years. He was proud of his time in the service and we are proud of his service in the military.
So I love this stamp !!!
  this stamp is designed to be used for any branch of service. So if you want to show support for another branch of the armed services , this stamp is designed so you can use it for other branches... Isn't that cool ?  I love that it can be used that way.


So on to my project....
This is an 8X10 canvas.
Items needed for this project....
*Mark stamp ... Available at c thru the woods... Which can be purchased here...

 http://cthruthewoodsclearstamps.tictail.com/ 

*One 8x10 canvas
*Gel medium or mod podge
*Copic markers, prisma colored pencils
*Decorative scrapbook paper
*Green card stock
*Stickers or embelishments
*memento black ink
*distressing ink


 

The first thing I did was cover the entire canvas with gel medium. Then I placed the scrapbook paper on the canvas while it was still wet.
I set that aside. While it was drying a stamp one image on green card stock and one image on white card stock.
I colored the hair and face of the image on the white card stock , then cut it out.
I then glued it into place on the image that had been stamped on the green card stock.
After cutting the image out , I adhered it to the canvas , again using gel medium.
Once that was dry. I went over the entire front of canvas with gel medium.
I distress the edges with distressing ink, added embellishments.
The project was done.


I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.
I hope you like it as well. If you have any questions about process or products, just leave them in the comment section.
      Thank you for spending a little of your Wednesday with me... I hope the rest of your day is awesome... Don't forget to hit that follow button before ya go...
Thanks and happy creating !!


No comments:

Post a Comment