Saturday, January 9, 2016

My art journal time

    I can't tell you how much I love my time spent art journaling. I love the feeling of leaving all of my heart, thoughts and emotions recorded in beautiful colors in my journal. I could be having the worst day ever and somehow the colors and feel of the paint soothes me and begins to transform my mood. My art journal takes me into a safe refuge of my own little island , a place to create and unwind from all life's worries.
     Art-ing in my journal just makes me happy. I started in high school ( I won't tell you how long ago that was) as a way of passing time. But it was just markers, pens and doodles then. It wasn't a thing like it has become in the last few years. I'm so glad it's evolved into the beautiful art form it is today.
    I've always loved drawing people ( and Charlie Brown characters) ... Which has also evolved over the years.
      I started a new journal for 2016... The word I've chose for this year is...LIVE... And this is my first page in my new journal.

   


  I used
Prismacolor pencils for this and a  Strathmore mixed media journal.
     This is my goal for 2016... No more just existing .... Its time to begin to live.
To design a life I love. A life I cannot wait to get up in the mornings to start.
A life that will be beautifully illustrated in my art journal. ( not every page will be beautifully done, but I'm remaining positive here)
    I hope you will join me as I take this journey . if you haven't started Art journaling yet, now is a great time to start .
   


    


No comments:

Post a Comment